Empty.

Take heart, my friends, he is not just risen - but exalted.
Come near, my friends, the invitation is not closed.
His arms wide, his love beckoning, his embrace strong.
Forget what lies behind, see him before you.

I am grateful for quick morning stops like the one I had this morning at Waffle House. The food was terribly unhealthy for me, the coffee worse than I remember, but the moment of solitude in the company of fellow late-nighters a definite blessing. It was during this "meal" that I remembered today is Easter.

The significance of this day is just now starting to shine in my heart (and I say to my shame that this is not my first Easter knowing Jesus). I find it remarkable that I am just now taking hold of what a living Lord means. What a real God means. How that impacts my life in ways I never knew, nor (sometimes) wanted. I'm grateful that some of the walls are coming down.

I'm afraid to go to sleep in the next few hours because I know tomorrow I'll have to get up early to head to my grandmother's house - and that means I'll probably be my normal, cranky self. I'll be tired. I'll have sleep through the euphoria of late-night, homeward-bound revelations from God. It scares me I'm so fickle about something so incredibly important.

So I hope two things. One, I hope that anyone who might read this (and especially those who won't) will see Jesus this year. Maybe not today, but sometime before the end of 2007. I pray that he will be beautiful to you. He is glorious and I am just now waking up. I've still got those sleepy eyes that are sensitive to the sun and caked with slumber.

Two. I hope you make the decision to trust Jesus. I still feel awkward writing stuff like this, but I can't help writing the truth. I know it sounds - well - stupid. A fairy tale. A myth. A stupid religion. Whatever else.

I believe it and I love it. More accurately, I believe Jesus and I am falling in love with him.

May we all be resurrected this year.

1 comment:

Will said...

Waxing poetic and earthy at the same time. Nice.