I Don't Know You.

But I wish I did. It would be amazing for us to spend more time together. To get to know each other more intimately. To create, nurture, and grow an amazing friendship. To experience life together. To be part of each other's joy. To share the burdens of this life as one.

Unfortunately, most of you out there are complete strangers to me. I know you because you stumble across this blog, for a second or maybe longer. We don't get a chance to talk - to communicate to each other apart from the one-sided story you read about on this page. And it's such a horrible story, I promise you. I am not all that interesting, and the words I speak rarely (if ever) amount to anything extraordinary. But, in real life - we would have nothing to hide. You'd see me for who I am, heights and depths. We could be real - we could take that time to be real.

What's worse...there's a lot of people who read this that I actually do know. We've been friends for quite some time. We have experienced moments in life together. I work with some of you on a daily basis. Where are the walls between us coming from? I apologize for the construction on my end - but I think it's time to tear them down. I want to spend every second we might have together doing just what we were created for - loving God and loving each other. Let us spend more time talking, building one another up in love. Let us set aside whatever it is that hinders us and take a journey. A long one. A short one. Any one.

There is a God of this universe, of all things, and His love for us blows my mind. If it were possible, to understand, I think it could possibly vaporize me. Poof. Thin air. Gone.

Let's get together sometime and marvel at God. Let's be truthful and honest about our hearts. Let's be gentle and nurturing with our responses. It's time to be transparent and vulnerable. What are we so scared of?

I am amazed by how much Jesus loves me. I am amazed by how much I am able to love Him back. He loves you with the same ferociousness. Oh, how I wish you knew and could see that. I wish we could all run with that promise wrapped around us.

I'll talk to you soon. Come say "Hello" to me. E-mail me. Comment. I'm going to fail you - because I am imperfect. But I am 100% ready to try not to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's pray together. As once we begin to understand the reasons why God put us together, we will start to understand God just a little bit more. We will be able to see his love for all it is and be able to love like he wants us to. I'm thinking it will be good to see you tomorrow. For there is a reason we are together, and it's about time we start to working on uncovering it.

This song has meant a lot to me since I first heard it. I don't know if you have heard it, but you need to listen to it very carefully. Disciple - By God.

For it is in Christ alone we can do all things.