In Lieu Of More Writing:

Since I missed last night's update, and also the day before that, I think I might just go ahead and do my Ichthus awards instead of a long, drawn out analysis of every hour of each day. So, without further ado:

The 2006 Ichthus Festival Awards:

Best Performance: (Tie) - Staple/Kids in the Way. Although my friend Joe would ultimately put Staple at the top, the KITW set was grand - with new songs and a lot of energy and emotion. Staple did a magnificent job, as always...and since it is probably the last time I will ever see them live (due to their disbanding) it also gains more points (not that it needed them).

Best Breakout Band (i.e. Best New Band I'm Listening to Now): The Myriad. These guys were pretty awesome. The entire set was great. The CD is great. I am thoroughly looking forward to seeing them again.

Honorable Mention (to above): Cool Hand Luke. I already owned their CD, so it counts a bit less than above - but it was awesome to see these guys. Totally not what I was expecting (in a really, really good way).

Happiest Moment: Jumping up and down (and all around) during Delirious' rendition of Holy Is the Lord.

Most Painful: Walking miles into the festival each day because I didn't want to fight traffic (and had fooled myself into believing it wouldn't be that bad of a journey).

Deepest Moment: Seventh Day Slumber. I had heard a lot about the band, and a lot about their heart for ministry, altar calls, and just overall nature. More affecting than the main keynote message I heard (on living a life filled/ruled by the Spirit - which was also amazing). I feel like God really uses (and I pray used, for Ichthus) that band.

Since I can't really think of any more categories I'll just finish this up now. The whole weekend was great. A lot of amazing bands, and even greater chance encounters with God (it was funny to meet Him there, knowing my heart/mindset going into the festival).

Oh, and working today (in exchange for my weekend wristlock) was an amazing and super-fun experience. I'm thinking about doing it again next year, and I can only hope it will be as nice a time as it was today.

No comments: