School Has Lost Its Charm.

I just finished a case study for my Decision Support Systems class. The entire thing was three parts: create three tables, create two special queries, and create a report. I have done every one of those things before, numerous times, with little headache and astonishing success. Tonight, for reasons I may never understand, it took me way longer than I can even figure. Hours.

But now I am caught up in that class, for now, which is great. I might try to work a bit on the next case study if I can - but I have to wait for specific alterations from the book from my instructor. I am about a week ahead in another class, but I want to continue working at this pace to remain ahead in case another class calls my attention. That class might just be my third this semester - Systems Security. I am about a week behind there...lots of reading, two machines to set-up (and two operating systems per machine). It will, I imagine, be a long weekend. And beginning of next week.

But - aside from school - I am pretty happy. Things seem to be going relatively well on my end. I have a few faith things I am really trying to work out with God, or let Him work out in me, whichever way seems best for Him. But I'm not gonna focus too much effort or anxiety upon that - just hopefully a bit more study and casual reading with some people I consider great peers - Paul, David, Jesus, John Piper, Jon Weece...

Some amazing things are lining up right now. A possible mentor/discipler for me - which would be a great thing for my young faith. A new group (Bible study, accountability). New friends. Old friends. Good stuff.

For those out there who are praying for me, thanks - and keep it up, I could certainly use it. And, to add a bit to that list - pray for my friends who seem to be getting a little distant from the church...I am a bit worried. And, pray that my friend's new interest in the Bible will be one that sparks an occasion for the Spirit of God to invade His life and work awesome things for his benefit.

Thanks for reading. I should be back tomorrow to continue with the everyday thing (almost missed today...thanks Crystal).

No comments: