Community.

“And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.” Hebrews 10:24-25 (ESV)

Something that is big on my heart, in the realm of Christianity, is community. I think it is a vital part of the walk of faith to do all "facets" together - worship, study, evangelism...

So I have a proposal. There are about 5 to 7 people that I think come to this blog and read the posts I make. And I know every one of you on a personal level - whether I see you regularly, or never at all. What I am suggesting, though, only requires an internet connection and the ability to use e-mail. I think that we should start communicating with each other, at least once a week, to encourage each other in our Christian walks. Send out prayer requests, urge each other to fight the fight, to love, to stay strong until the Day comes.

If this sounds like a good idea to any of you - send me an e-mail message and I will start to set something up. I think this could be a great thing for all of us - and regardless of what we are involved in apart from each other, it never hurts to have more people stand behind you. (And, in case it is not obvious, ANYONE is free to send me an e-mail if they would like to be part of this. Christian or non-Christian, friend or stranger...I (we) will pray for you and walk with you.)

Looking forward to hearing from you.

No comments: