"Hoodwinked"

This movie isn't the next big animation hit. You aren't going to get that polished CGI look that you have become quite used to over the years with the big-budget hits. However, there is a lot to be liked about "Hoodwinked."

Many times during the movie you are treated to some really clever storytelling and dialogue. The characters each have their own quirks that are loveable, and the photographer squirrel(?) was the best part of the film, hands down.

While I believe the way they chose to move between character's tales does a bit to damage the pace of the film, at the end everything does come together in a pretty good way to tie it all in nicely. The end could have been cut a bit shorter, and there were a few scenes where I actually winced - but not so much as to ruin my taste for it altogether.

Keeping it short and sweet - it's definitely not a huge draw. There are even other movies that I might have preferred above this one. All of that said, though, there still is an entertaining feature hidden away...just make sure to catch this at matinee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my aren't we a busy blogging bee!

Anonymous said...

Though I found some parts rather amusing, it's a 50 cent day at the dollar fitty theater for this one. Yeah, End of the Spear might have been a better choice. My apologies.