It Seems I'm A Colonel.

A few days ago I got the obligatory yellow card in my mailbox letting me know that a large package was waiting for me at the post office. I was busy, so I didn't have a chance to check immediately - but I assumed it was either my information from Compassion International or my Linux CDs I ordered...both of which could wait a couple days while I finished all the work I had stored for myself this week.

Today I actually ended up waking at a semi-reasonable hour and figured I should go ahead and pick up whatever package was waiting for me. Heading to the post office I was eager to see what present I had in store, but I had no idea what it would be.

That's right - someone out there nominated me for the honorary title of Kentucky Colonel. It seems Kentucky must not know too much about me, though, considering they approved it :)

In all seriousness - this is a great surprise and I am looking forward to learning more about the organization and seeing what I can do to be a valuable member to it. If you'd like more information, click here to go to their main site. My thanks to whomever is responsible for this - although I have a sneaking suspicion who it might be.

No comments: