I've Got Nothing...

...particularly interesting to talk about, really. I've been doing some reflecting lately (what's new?) and I realized that I am actually a pretty horrible friend - contrary to what I originally believed. I mean, for all intents and purposes I am available, loving, willing to help, etc. - but I realized that I have been very distant from some people in my life recently that I really care for. There aren't really any excuses for this either. I have been busy with school lately - but then there has also been a lot of time that I have either simply wasted or delegated to some other purpose that I could have used to call/talk to people that I haven't had much contact with in weeks or months.

I am incredibly talented when it comes to being a hermit. I enjoy having a social life - hanging out with my friends, going out, etc. - but there are also times where I am totally fine with staying at my house for long periods of time - having no contact with anyone but my parents and my computer. Unfortunately, when I get in this habit - a lot of the people I love tend to suffer (or, not - depending on how they value my presence in their life).

Anyway - that aside - everything seems to be going well in my life. Still learning, growing, and struggling (wish I could take care of that last one). We are finally becoming a group on Wednesdays - and I think our honesty has been a big part of that. I understand the reasons behind keeping some things from the people you lead (after all, these guys aren't my accountability partners) - but the more we have shared with them, cared for them, loved them, and spurred them - the more open they have become and the closer we get. Out of the 10 guys we have signed up right now - 3 have been amazing. I know 30% is failing - but if we were able to connect with even just one of our guys and help move him closer to Jesus - there is NO failure there.

Things are good. Overall. Not perfect by any measure (due in part to some monumental shortcomings in my life) - but certainly a lot of things are coming together. Hopefully these things will allow me to be the man I need and desire to be, and will let me be a blessing to others.

Time will tell.

No comments: