I'm Really Tired.

Yes, it's true - I am really tired. And I have to go brush my teeth before I go to bed.

The winter olympics opening ceremony is on right now. It makes me kind of sad to imagine the outrageous amounts of money that must have been spent on just this stuff alone (pyrotechnics, costumes, staffing fees, etc.) I can only imagine - in the hands of a proper steward of God - what kind of difference that amount of money could make in this world. Or, the asinine amounts of money being spent by superbowl advertisers (I heard somewhere around $60,000 a second). I'm sure that could have been used on something much better.

I'm not anti-luxury/comfort/wealth. I am, however, against pissing away money like it means nothing...or like it's even ours to throw at the most ridiculous things. And, for the sake of the "I earned it" or "I've just been blessed" arguments that will stem from either camp, I digress.

Have a good night everyone. It's been snowing for hours here...maybe we'll get some nice accumulation so I can get out and take pictures (for the first time in ages). Oh, but nothing too crazy (as far as roads are concerned) because I do not want to miss church this weekend - our executive minister is speaking his last message with us before he moves away to Colorado.

And now I'm really done. Be blessed.

No comments: