A HREF = Blog Post.

I'm going pretty cheap on the blog crowd for tonight's post. I check out Relevant magazine (online) every now-and-then to see their new articles, as I generally enjoy most of them (and, soon, shall enjoy them in print when my subscription starts).

Anyway - I found a couple interesting articles that I would like to share with you.

1) Show and Tell -

I actually had a conversation with a good friend of mine who happens to be a missionary about this specific article's topic. And, I have also debated (to an extent) another person on the importance of missionaries vs. the rest of God's elect. I'm of the mind that God esteems no man (or woman) greater than another based around their worldly deeds. He chose us based not on our merit/actions/whatever, therefore whatever specific inclination He has us pursue, I don't believe, adds to our charm. I especially like the way this article ends - with something I try everyday (and often fail to do)...putting the spotlight back on Christ. I struggle with pride, and also with being horrible at my Christian "duties" - so it's not only nice to hear that people have my same heart, but that I am not the only person thinking about this.

2) A Community of Un-Devout Sinners -

This is actually another article that hits pretty close to home with me - our (often) inability to be honest people with each other. I love truth and honesty - and have no problem (to an extent...still growing) confessing my sin to other people and being real and direct about what is going on in my life. I have also, recently, learned the importance of being truthful with God. So, again, this article was a great find to show me that other people are concerned about how our churches/communities are both growing indirectly apart from each other by merely skimming the surface of our Christian shells, and creating communities of "seek" environments that are cozy and safe - but never reflecting the original church or the God who bought it on the Cross.

So...take a look at both - and leave some comments with your feelings/thoughts/etc. As I note above, I would love to start hearing from some people...and since I didn't write either of these there is probably something substantial there to discuss. :P

1 comment:

GraceHead said...

Color me "extreme" ... but ...
It is a fine thing to honor a missionary ... but it is a far greater thing to honor a Christian as they are stuck in an unfruitful rut ... for then you are not honoring them for the work that they do ... but your honor for them is for the sake of Christ, who is in them, and Christ alone (apart from any esteemable deeds.)

Ripening for the harvest,
Trent