The Embargo Is Over.

It only took about a year and change, but the prohibition of my musical interests has come to an end.

Most, if not all credit, goes to Frank Sinatra.

See - I really like Ol' Blue Eyes...there's just something about him. And, the more I think about my taste in music right now, the more I see myself in a bar with a cigarette and glass of scotch in my hand, listening to some piano jazz, big band, or some other thing.

Perhaps I'm becoming a bit more sophisticated in my old age. Perhaps I realized that I used to love and enjoy all music styles.

Most likely a bit of both.

I'm not going to go out and start buying every little thing - but I am going to go out and try to "experiment" with some things I really think might float my boat - right now I'm leaning towards easy listening...I want something I can turn the lights low and just relax to...and that seems to fit the bill. Right now I'm enjoying the sounds of J.J. Johnson.

So, I'm sorry if I offended all you people out there by not listening to music anymore when I become a Christian. I still believe that music can influence you, and sometimes in a negative way. I also still believe that there are certain things that I cannot listen to and still glorify God...so I am not going to listen to that stuff.

But, I'm going into this with a heart beating for God, realizing that He has gifted all these men and women with immense talent to share art and soul with the world - and I'm grabbing hold of it.

Feel free to come along - everyone's welcome.

2 comments:

SMITTY said...

hey buddy. Great seeing you in the Mart the other day. Try Coltrane, Miles Davis, Tony bennett, jamie cullum...these are some of my favorites. And by the way, what ever happened to ICP.

SMITTY said...

oh yeah, you better link me up playa.