October 15th Show


Tonight my father and I made the trek up to Louisville (Fairdale, KY exactly) and caught another show at Bulldog Café. There were about eight total bands on the bill (not all played, though) - but I went for the headliners: Bloodlined Calligraphy and Winter Solstice.

We went late specifically to miss a couple bands because I personally did not want to sit through hours of music from bands I had little to no interest in (not their fault, just personal preference based on some bad experiences with having to go through LONG concerts). Either way, we reached the venue and they were just now letting people in (or, at least there was a long line when we tried to get in).

The first three (or four, can't really remember) bands that led up to the headliners weren't really too bad. A couple of them were bands that my friend and I (had he been there) would have had a good laugh about because of their over-use of vulgarity. It's a long story, and kind of an in-joke, but we always find it amusing when bands think they have to resort to "F-in f, muther-f'ers, s, man, f-f-f!" to look cool. It has the complete opposite effect.

Plus (and I have come to the rightful conclusion that they are just going to be at almost every show I go to from now on) there were hardcore kids - lots of them. Tonight wasn't bad if you count the fact that no fights (I believe) were started. BUT (oh, there's always a but with these people) there was a table broken, a hanging light knocked around, one guy kicked (or something) in the face/eye, a bunch of people getting thrown around - and other general stupidity going on. (Note: I consider myself a "good" Christian - meaning in particular that I at least try to love everyone, no matter what. However, there is something about hardcore kids that just irks me...real bad. Like, "I could probably hurt these guys really bad if given the chance and a night-stick" bad. I'm sorry about these thoughts, but I'd have them a lot less if these people were respectful, cautious, and not at the concerts I go to.)

That aside - Bloodlined Calligraphy and Winter Solstice were great. The P.A.s were maxed out bad, so the vocals were not clear (or, really, audible). The sound, other than that, was fine - and it was cool to see a female hardcore lead (B.C.). I actually had seen her at the merch booth and she is a real cute girl - and seemed to be real sweet from the way she acted off-stage. She's kinda crazy when she gets the mic, though.

Definitely worth $7 a ticket.

No comments: