T.D. Oakes - The Worship Album


Edit
: (See bottom for new text)

This post is going to have to dive into some back-story (for the full effect) so bear with me.

A while back my friend and I were big fans of a band called GWAR. If you know of them, great - if not, it won't really affect the story. Anyway, we have seen this band a few times (him more than me) at a small venue in Cincinnati - perfect for the concert feel and great because the band actually comes out after the show to hang with the fans and sign stuff.

Anyway, it seems that one of the times my friend was at a show - he ended up becoming the über-fan...he attached to one of the band members and followed him around - apparently feeding off his awesome band-dude aura. This was really embarrassing for him (and if you have ever done this, you know...you feel like such a geek afterwards).

This little event has since transferred over into many other life occurrences. The "stalker" thing continuously comes up for many different reasons - but it wasn't until my friend started attending church with me that it infiltrated there.

He really likes one of our ministers - considers him to be an awesome teacher, a real funny guy, and a pleasure to sit through. There's nothing wrong with that - and in fact, his liking of this minister has nothing to do with the story...the "stalker-effect" has since been given to me.

See, there's also a worship leader that frequents our Sunday service. For some reason (you always forget how things like this start) I have become the biggest fan of this guy - EVER. Every time we go to church - if he's leading worship - I have to smile because I can't help but remember how many times I've made a fool of myself acting like I was a screaming fan and he was some mega rockstar.

I've even met the guy a couple times - and pulled the "GWAR scenario" with him (see above). I never thought it would happen to me...but it did.

So I stop by church today to see a friend and get details for lunch tomorrow - and my star just happens to pop in for a chat. He's a nice guy (and I guess he remembers me from when we met before) so he shakes my hand and casually asks about something - you know, "How's it going..." or along those lines. But, in my head, I can't stop thinking about the joke; I can't stop thinking that this guy is awesome and I'm like this close to him in real life; I'm borderline pulling out a piece of paper and asking for an autograph.

It might not have been that bad...but I had to have been cheesing.

So, the point to this whole story is that the guy just finished up getting his worship album mastered and the artwork all sent out. It's probably gonna be available in the next few weeks. There was even talk of a record release party.

I haven't been able to stop laughing all day.

Edit: I just found out that T.D. has a website. An unmastered version of one of the new songs streams at page load. I'll be doing a little promotion here when it gets closer for release...but until then head over there and support the C.D. (right now the page is not fleshed out, but I talked to T.D. and he tells me that closer to release there should be more content). T.D. Oakes Main Site

No comments: