Popularity?

I started my MySpace account about two weeks ago (I think) as just something to do - and because I was going to add my cousin as a friend so I could at least look a little less sad. Anyway, since that time I have actually done a lot with the page - full bio and a few pictures...much more than my normal "no care" projects. Also, I went through and found a bunch of people I went to school with - sending them add requests (to be my friend) as well as trying to get some of my favorite bands to link up on my friend's list.

Anyway...that's all great. My profile seems to be at least popular in a small circle (the viewings of it are going up each day). And that brings me to tonight. I got done sending a reply message to a friend and I noticed I had a new friend request. Turns out the request was from a band called "Medford Drive." I've never heard of these guys before - ever. They live in Ohio, which is a different state than I currently occupy.

So, I am thinking to myself, "Self...this can be one of two things: Either bands on MySpace are becoming REALLY proactive on bumping their friends list up (which seems VERY plausible in this case, but a little out of the norm), or, you are getting popular somehow."

I hate to be haughty - I really do - but I got a friend request FROM a band. Maybe it's just because I make it somewhat clear in my profile that I happen to be a fan of Jesus - and these guys like Him, too. There are a lot of reasons for this to have happened (including accident...honestly) but I thought it would be worthy of a post regardless.

No comments: