Mortal Treason Show.

My friends and I made it through the rain and darkness this evening to a show at Short Street Lounge, a church-turned-club here in town, to see Mortal Treason live. I felt like a V.I.P. because when I went through the door I had to give my name (tickets were held at will-call).

The first two bands weren't my cup-o-tea (we actually arrived late into the first one, on purpose, because we knew the last band was who we were there to see and we didn't really want to have to stand through another experience like the Haste the Day show).

Turns out you can't really escape the hardcore kids - they're everywhere (not to mention, one of the same bands from the Haste show was performing tonight as well). All in all, a bunch of people got kicked (like last time) and one fight broke out (which is down from the 3 at the other show). I have a horribly bitter taste in my mouth for these people's actions - and my one friend decided to swear off all hardcore music because he absolutely hates how they act (note: moshing and what these kids were doing are two different things...)

Other than the sheer idiocy (people flailing about like madmen) and inconsideration of some of the people at the show - it was still really great. War of Ages ended up playing a set before Mortal Treason, and they were really great (and I'm not that into hardcore).

Mortal Treason was amazing. This was the first time I had seen them live, but if you are into doom metal / black metal you would really dig these guys (and gal). They have an amazing sound and - as far as I can tell - are really on fire for Christ. They made sure to take a break between songs to let people know that He is the only reason they are here - and that there is nothing like a relationship with Jesus. I know some people there might not believe what they believe, and they have that choice, but I always love to see a band come straight out and be real about their faith. Makes me want to be in a Christian metal band even more.

Anyway - check out Mortal Treason's main page to get a hint of what they're like (or, for audio - try their Pure Volume site). Again, a highly recommended band.

No comments: