Updates...

I went in for my interview with the head minister over High School ministry today and everything went wonderfully. I blabbered incoherently a couple of times - but I am sure there was a point in the conversation somewhere - I just had trouble finding it. We talked about how I was really wanting to become a group leader (when applying, it is a general application to work IN the ministry...not a certain role) and he said he was on board with that. I can't wait for things to get started - I'm just hoping for great things to happen here. I won't ask for prayers for myself, because I have already been blessed by getting the opportunity - but I do ask for prayers that God can use me and strengthen me while I'm working there. I would love to be part of a change in kids' lives while I'm there - I just hope it's God's Will for me to be part of that.

On a more personal, less spiritual matter - I ended up hanging out with the "girl-I-am-currently-infatuated-with" tonight. I went over to her apartment and watched a movie. It's kind of hard to be around her because I tend to be daring in crossing lines of thought in my mind - and it's kind of hard to take things slow (regardless of what the outcome would be) because I have never been patient (not necessarily in a sexual way - just wanting to be in a relationship, fast). I want, want, want...patience is not really my virtue in situations like these.

It seemed to go well, though - and we are supposed to get together again - but from a bit of personal experience and things I happen to hear - that might be wishes in the wind (commitments are often sketchy). Plus, I'm not too sure what the "rules" are for getting back together with her (time wise). Either way, I'm going to try to walk with this as best I can. One part of me wants to get things over and just let her know I'm interested (at least then I wouldn't have to wait to know what she's thinking and I wouldn't have to take the risk of investing TOO much into something trivial). The other part is saying to wait, walk patiently, and be friends for a while before trying to jump into things. That fine line is my feelings - not wanting to get hurt if she says "No" now, wanting to be together with someone now, and wanting to make the best decision about someone I am going to be spending my time with. Gah!

I'm gonna try my best to focus prayer and devotion around these two things (as well as a few other areas not mentioned here). Hopefully an outcome will rear its head soon (like I said, I'm still really trying to get that patience thing down).

No comments: