Group Leader Extraordinaire.

I won't toot my horn any more than the title of this post - I just thought it sounded kind of funny and just haughty enough to pass for O.K.

I went to Southland this evening to kind of be a spectator for how the High School ministry experience went down. I applied for a volunteer position a week or so ago to be a group leader for a small group within the High School Ministry area. I hadn't really heard anything back from the head guy in charge - I was just going tonight to "get my feet wet" and then we have a meeting this Friday to discuss my application, etc.

Anyway, I get there this evening and I am being introduced to everyone as "a new group leader" - which, I assume, means I am going to be a new group leader. I am really stoked that everything worked out well. I think this is going to be an awesome opportunity for me to work at the church in an area I am very interested in. I had a feeling God would work this out, and I am very excited He did.

There's not really a lot to say about it. Pretty "standard" worship service tonight. I actually felt really comfortable (more than once) being there. And, the head minister was really good - I enjoyed his message a whole lot (he could do a really good job leading our main services for the church, really). It just seems "right" - pretty much everything about it. I am just real excited overall...nothing more needs to be added.

I've seriously got to finish the New Testament soon. I had this whole "plan" to get through it by June 15 (starting June 1) and then I was going to spend the rest of the month (15 days / 15 days plan) going through it again and re-reading my notes, etc. It is coming up on July 15 (which would be ANOTHER 15 days for those counting) and I have still yet to start Revelation. Tonight - I hope - will be the end of that. It's not a long book, so I HOPE to have it finished tonight, or tomorrow after I wake up.

THEN, after that is done I can go back through and re-read it. I plan on this time taking down all of the questions I have while reading (which will probably be a lot) so I can study on those specifically. I also need to get into the Old Testament some, too. I have this aversion to it for some reason - but I am aware of its importance and genuinely want to read it...I guess I just have to realize these things take time. Alas.

No comments: