Two Things:

I just wanted to make an effort to publish two things I came across tonight, so I can have a reminder here in print, in public, to testify.

1. "As christian I believe too many times we fall into our own repeated sin and forget how meaningless it felt the first time and how this world will never be anything worth having in the end." (From CCM.net) I can't believe I haven't seen this before in my life, nor how spot on he is. I have fallen prey to my own sin so many times it sickens me to think of the repetition. I have numbed myself to God's presence by doing it - and sometimes I don't even feel regretful nor the need to confess - and in so doing I let Satan have his own little victory. I need to work on getting these "kinks" out of my life - because I do not want to be the type of person described above - I was called to and promised a life SO MUCH BETTER IN CHRIST!

2. The dramatic effects of dating the wrong person:
I was having a conversation tonight with someone about problems that arose from a recent break-up. I ended up teaching myself something (I just love how God loves to be sly and sneaks things into your life when you least expect it). Anyway, I was talking to her about how it is important to know the person well (who you are going to date) because a break-up can have very negative effects on a person (as well as those around the break-up). How often have I found myself longing to be in a relationship (for relationships-sake) without thinking about whether or not this was the right person - or, more so, whether or not this was God's person for me?

And so I digress...I just wanted to put those two morsels up while they were fresh. Enjoy!

No comments: