The Bachelor Party.

Well, my friend Josh finally had his bachelor party this past weekend (after having been delayed multiple weeks in a row). It ended up being rather fun - an evening full of karaoke (which, after having just gone through and captured the video of the night, I can without reserve attest to the accuracy of the meaning of that word).

I ended up singing three "major" songs: Norma Jean "Shotgun Message," Sinai Beach "Necessary Bloodshed," and Still Remains "The Worst is Yet To Come." When the evening had died down, right before I left, I also ended up singing Kutless' rendition of "Draw Me Close" as well as "Sea of Faces." I'm not entirely happy with how ANY of them ended up, but it was an enjoyable experience overall - and a chance to share my faith and conviction (which I am often not courageous enough to do).

Hopefully, God-willing, some seeds were planted that evening (I know of at least one person who is not saved - and possibly three more that were there that I have no knowledge of). I wasn't totally forthcoming (ministering, witnessing, evangelizing...etc.) but I did make sure that people knew where I was coming from.

I also ended up having a discussion with one friend (one of the members of our small group) about actions and their consequences. He had been drinking (and as I have been before) ended up getting somewhat emotional about his convictions towards the Lord. I told him to search his heart - another friend told him to just make sure his heart wasn't turned by the lyrics. I think we were both right in a sense.

My walk is (and will be) completely different than that of anyone else. I am unique and will face different situations (or situations differently) so it is sometimes hard to know what to say to people. I left behind my "love" of secular music (and now only really listen to/purchase spirit-filled music). That is not what God calls some people to do. I've been called to ministry (beyond the normal call of witnessing that all followers are expected of). I'm very thankful that God has been working with me to allow me to become submissive in certain things, to lay things down, and to ache for a lack of self. To some people this doesn't happen the same way. While I will always focus on a unified body of believers (1st Corinthians 12:25) - meaning in turn that viewpoints need to be unified as well (to a degree) - I also take heed to that same book and chapter, verse 27. We are all Christ's body - and individually members of it - we come together to form a whole - yet we all have different gifts (1 Cor. 12:4 - 11)...therefore none is greater than the other, and all will come together in their uniqueness to form an awesome whole.

Thanks for reading all of that :)

No comments: