Things Often Change.

I was going to devote my post tonight to the childlike rants I had about still being single. I had this great tirade I planned to go on about this-and-that - which, thanks be to God - I realize is much less important than what I am about to talk about: Him.

I guess when you are as awesome as God is, it is not really surprising that you should continually "one-up" Yourself, or even make sure that every time a person who knew You, and loved You, came and took a look that they didn't see how much bigger, and better, and just plain rocking you were.

I have talked at length multiple times about my hope that my best friend would open his heart to the message that I received about 5 months ago (the message of Christ). Yes, of course I had this great plan in my head that he would become a Christian and we could sit around on weekends and contemplate God, but I've grown a bit since then - and it makes me very happy to see him at church, joyfully soaking up everything the minister has to say...applying that message to his life to become a better person (or, a different person...which is the goal).

Now - if that wasn't enough - God provided me a chance the other night to speak to my best friend's wife...whom was having some of the very same problems I have dealt with (and still deal with) in my life (Christian or before). I just read her first post on her blog - and I'd be lying if I didn't give glory to God in opening her heart as well.

Two. That's two people who in such a very short time (a couple months, maybe) God has used my current situation in life to spark some interest in Himself. I want to take credit - to mark them up as "convert" notches - but I can't. They mean so much more to me than simply another familiar face in church, another person I can talk with about Christ, just a project that is now finished. I will walk with these two people, regardless of where they go, until Christ brings me home. I will continuously be there to share my life - and to share in theirs - until it just isn't time for that anymore. And above all - beyond all - I will sit in awe of such a magnificent God that could make something like this happen...who could love us so much that He wouldn't choose to hide Himself from us or leave us all alone.

Yeah...I'm thinking right now about that girl at church I have a crush on, and how great it would be to be her boyfriend...but that all fades away when I step back and take a look at God.

No comments: