A Quick Rant.

Well, I'm very glad that in a couple weeks I'll be able to see some bands I like, because there seems to be a disturbing trend immerging when it comes to my musical interests.

First, I get in to Norma Jean - and then the lead singer, Josh Scogin, leaves. Now I will never get to see him as the frontman for the band. They might play some of the songs off "Bless the Martyr" but it just isn't the same. And, yes, there is The Chariot (his new band) but, like I said in the last sentence...just not the same.

And today - with news that actually dropped my heart - Shawn Jonas has left Symphony in Peril (a band that is quickly climbing the ranks to become my top favorite...and for those that know me, to actually say I have a favorite band, it means something).

Anyway - I'm very happy that he has made a decision in his life that he is comfortable with, and I wish him the best (because his decision shows he has priorities, and I agree with his). Either way, I'm really bummed now because I'll never get to see Jonas sing.

http://www.symphonyinperil.net/goodbye.jpg - The goodbye letter posted on the band's site.

No comments: