The Month of Concerts.

It looks as if April has turned out to be music month. On April 8th my dad and I will be heading to Fairdale, KY to see Zao, Still Remains, and Sinai Beach. I found out about this concert today and am totally psyched - because I did not think I was going to get to see Sinai Beach (probably my favorite band) this year. I am going to be missing a group meeting at church (same night) which bums me out - and had me thinking about whether or not to go - but I thought it would be a good chance to hang out with my dad...so I decided I could miss one night at church (considering these are Christian bands, it's not too much of a change).

The week after that, April 15th, my dad and I will be in Louisville, KY to see As I Lay Dying. There are a couple other bands with them (Winter Solstice being the only other Christian band I know of) but it should be a good show with AILD headlining.

Then, if I am not too tired from all of that, the next Thursday - Sunday (April 21 - 24) I'll be having fun at Ichthus - a yearly Christian music festival held in Wilmore, KY. This will give me a chance to see a lot of bands from differing genres - as well as being able to spend some time with a bunch of other Christian people in a (hopefully) comfortable, fun environment.

We missed the Norma Jean show we had tickets for a couple weeks back - and it looks as if God (although He did not have to) has provided more than enough fun for my dad and I. I'm just real happy I get to see some bands I really want to see and I get to hang out with my dad while doing it. Hopefully the weather will be nice and our schedules can stay bare so we don't have to worry about anything as they get closer. Either way, I'm thanking God for the opportunity.

No comments: