I'm (probably) Going To Do It.

My friend wrote me back on what exactly the requirements are for becoming a licensed minister in the ECC (Evangelical Christian Church). Looking at their online page - it seems there are four levels. I would most likely start off on the second, or the third - described as such:

II. LOCAL AND DISTRICT MINISTER - This credential is granted to a person who feels called of God to work for Him in some specific field, such as Bible teacher, Christian counselor, evangelist or pastor. This credential places a person under a local pastor's authority for a period of no less than 12 months to learn about ministry and accountability. The Local and District Minister has five requirements: (1) One must have a calling of God on her or his life; (2) Must be 18 years of age; (3) Living a consistent Christian life; (4) He or she will have experienced the fullness of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:4) with the evidence of gifts for ministry (1 Cor. 12:4-10, 28); (5) The candidate must agree to the giving plan as set forth by the Bishops of the church and promote the AECC.

III. LICENSED MINISTER - This credential is granted to a person who is called of God and wants to step up to a higher order. With a license one is authorized to preach, perform holy matrimony, baptize, serve the Lord's Supper, exhort, confirm, and practice any biblical and religious activity pertaining to the office of Minister of the Gospel, in accordance with respective ordinances of residence. There are three requirements for License to Preach: (1) The Candidate Must be 19 years of age; (2) She or he should have experienced the fullness of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:4) with the evidence of gifts for ministry; (3) The candidate must agree to the giving plan as set forth by the Bishops of the church and promote the AECC.

The last step would be the decision to devote my lifetime to ministry - which even though I do devote my life to Christ, and will speak of Him whenever and wherever the chance, is not a place I am at yet. Or did I just contradict myself with that statement? :)

This is something that I want to do, and is a step I am ready to take. When/if the time arises that I am called to do something else - or find my opportunity arise - I will have already been ready and have taken some steps towards it.

All prayers are welcome: for wisdom, courage, and direction. Thanks.

No comments: