Passion Conference:

This isn't going to happen. I have already deleted two whole posts because they didn't feel right. At this moment (and I imagine for some time to follow) I cannot really put into words what Passion was like. By simply giving an outline of how the days flowed, or by trying somehow to summarize the key speakers' words - I just wouldn't do it justice. I plan on placing some of the stuff here eventually - but right now it is really one of those things I can only give the honest advice of trying your best to be there in person. It's going to be in Nashville again next year - and God-willing I will be there to experience it all over again. I suggest everyone out there try it, too - regardless of your beliefs (although it is for college students only).

So, what shall I do to fill the rest of this post? It seems my idea of trying to garner comments from my BE readers didn't really pan out as well as I hoped (although "Thank You" to the people who did contribute). I am so horribly bored right now that I don't think my brain is functioning completely. I am even somewhat looking forward to the beginning of my next term in college (January 18th). Three semesters from now and I will be one of the masses, looking for a job in my chosen field that pays enough for me to survive.

With all of the recent exportations in my craft (Telecommunications) it has me worried. The fact that every job I have recently applied for (although that is not TOO many) didn't even land me an interview also has me suspicious. A few of them I have been completely qualified for the position (if not with a little "extra" credentials) and I still sit here unemployed. I will admit that it makes school much easier if you can devote your entire effort towards it - but since I never really do that regardless - it is more of a waste of time than anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found you today via BE. I enjoy reading a lot of what you have to say, so thanks. Keep the posts a little shorter and it'll be a lot more reader-friendly! But then, who cares about that :) Anyway, keep up the good blog.

Maggie
http://home.adelphia.net/~richandmags/myblog.html