News?

Well, my Christian metal band is kind of just chilling on the back burner...I haven't really put much effort into getting things going. I am still writing lyrics, but I don't know what exactly is going to happen.

However, the other band I am in seems like it might be getting rolling again, soon. I am looking at getting a drum set from a friend to at least borrow to practice and just jam on - and I have been looking for something cheap that I might be able to purchase. If all goes well I should be acting like I have actual skill in percussion real soon.

I thought I would add to this post what I consider the best Christian metal out there right now - mainly because for the first time that I can remember I am extatic about a band I am currently listening to and I wanted to give them props (this list comes directly from the CDs I own - so there could be some other great stuff out there, I just don't have it...but this is my biased review):

10. Soul Embraced, Training for Utopia, Others...
9. Luti Kriss (I needed some filler for the list; I haven't really listened to my CD much.)
8. Demon Hunter
7. As I Lay Dying
6. The Chariot (Only this low because I haven't got used to it yet.)
5. Symphony in Peril
4. Mortal Treason
3. Living Sacrifice
2. Norma Jean (Josh Scogin as vocals, since "O, God" isn't out yet.)
1. Sinai Beach (My vote for best metal band on Earth right now.)

I got my Sinai Beach CD in the mail on Saturday and I have probably listened to it about 20 times or more - which is relatively easy because of the short total disk time. I can't wait for "Immersed" to come out and for the guys to go on tour - too bad I have to wait until April. Crap.

No comments: