2 Things, Two Things...

The post today (night) will be revolving around two things: first - my unusual obsession with "The Newlyweds" (and how it has spawned a desire for pretty much all things "Simpson"); and second, the new name for my Christian metal band.

First - I absolutely love The Newlyweds. My dad bought me the first season on DVD the other day and I watched the entire thing in one night. I cannot wait for the second season to come out so I can watch both of them - over and over again. I am so into these two people that I have a reminder programmed into my e-mail client that the season premiere is this Wednesday at 10:00 P.M. (and last night I was able to snag about 2 1/2 hours onto my DVR when they were showing re-runs of season 2). I even think I am going to branch out and start watching the Ashlee Simpson show, too (10:30 P.M., Wednesday). And when Nich Lachey's show airs (and it will, it's in pre-production) I'll probably tune into it. I just can't help it - other than MythBusters this is really the only other show I anticipate (and The Newlyweds moreso).

It's not some creepy obsession, though. I mean - it would be really cool to meet them and maybe hang out for a while. And if we became friends and ended up doing all kinds of fun stuff together that would be great, too. But I'm not going to move out to wherever they live (L.A.?) just to see if I have a shot at being the new member of the cast for season 4...or am I? Mwuhahaha! No...seriously, I'm not.

Second - and on a less psychotic note - the name for my Christian metal band is going to be Fiber Optic Jesus Cross. First off, I am entirely kidding about that - but I had to find out some way to put it into this post. I was shopping today with my dad at this little "indoor fleamarket" type thing and I came across that exact item - a plastic figurine of Christ on the Cross with fiber optic lighting. I took a picture of the box with my phone - because when you find something like that you are legally required to do so - but I have no money so I cannot send it or upload it or whatever. I'm going to go back when I get my tax return and buy it if it isn't too expensive, or gone, and then I can take a real good picture with my digital camera. I am not entirely sure if it is the same one I plan on purchasing, but I found one at this same place that had those flashing lights all around the Cross - like on a Las Vegas billboard. I won't say these things are the most blasphemous items I have ever seen (because the person that made them might have thought they were a fitting tribute) but there is something fishy.

I also bought both Legally Blondes today - for a total of $8. I really don't care what people think - they were excellent movies.

No comments: