Cannot Think of a Title

Pray today for: humility.

From now on I am going to try to post a topic that I think people out there should pray for (whether for themselves, or just in general). Today's topic of humility comes to me because of some events that are going on in my life - so it's easiest to comment on.

I was over at my grandmother's yesterday and we got on the topic of religion (namely the idea of who gets into Heaven and why). For some reason, my character flaw of always having to be right kicked in, and I defended my beliefs rather arrogantly and bordering on rudely. After the conversation (and a much needed cool-down time for myself) we were fine - and even had a very emotional talk. All of this showed me that I need a little more humility (and patience) in my life - not just religiously, but that is where I seem to show my weakness most.

And for that reason, I think it is best that I am trying to be a drummer. I mean, I am sure that I have the talent and ability to pick any instrument and learn to play it well and be a vital part of a band - but for some reason I always come back to percussion. If there is a humble person in a band, it is a drummer. They (often) do not get as much attention as other members of the band, they usually have the smallest place on stage, they often tend to work much harder (physically) than their bandmates, and many other things. A person concerned with their fame and pride I don't think would conciously choose this position. Yet it appeals to me.

I'm still trying to decide what to do with the situation between the girl I have mentioned multiple times here and myself. I talked to her over the weekend, but for a very short while about just random things. Other than that, we have had little to zero contact for about 3 weeks. I would like for this thing to flesh out a little more (because I think she is a great girl and the type of person I would want to be in a relationship with) but it does not look as if that is going to happen. I have another girl that I could go out with (another meet to know each other thing) but I feel bad about going out with another person when I am already "involved" (in a way) with the aforementioned.

I try to base my decisions now around what I believe God wants for my life - and I know that His will is normally determined by the opening and closing of doors (situations) in one's life. I feel that not getting to see the one girl at all could be that "sign" (duh?) - but it doesn't seem totally right. She is a good girl, from a healthy family atmosphere (that I can tell) and a Christian to boot. But, she could be a girl that I am not supposed to be with. The worst I see happening from meeting this other girl would be another door closing - so maybe I should try it out. If you want to post a comment on this, shoot.

No comments: