"Unintentional" Worship.

I've been worshiping God through Copeland's album "In Motion" for the past week and it has been very nice. After a conversation with a friend last night about freedom in worship, and thinking a little more on what I have been enjoying lately (specifically in the musical art of worship) I had the following desire:

I want to seek Jesus in the unconventional. I want to admire him through the untraditional.

But I need some assistance - and that's where you (the reader of this) come in. I need new music. So I am issuing a challenge on two fronts.

1. Please send me recommendations of generally good music. In fact, forget that - only send me word if it is exceptional. I need something new and fascinating and wonderful to put in my ears. I care not what genre it comes from, as long as it will be extraordinary.

2. If you are a believer, send me recommendations for songs not common to the worship mold, but that speak truth and cause a genuine admiration for Jesus. If it's from a Christian artist, fine. Secular? Even better. I want something that will send me deep.

Multiple songs would be better - the more the merrier.

Thanks.

No comments: