A New Post? Can This Be True?

I'm amazed by the fact that people continue to swing by here. While the simple tracking unit I use cannot be trusted wholly for accurate facts about who comes, why they come, and how long they stay (it seems, on average, to be about ten seconds) - I do trust it in that it says people are coming...and that makes me feel all warm inside...so these facts are my friend.

I've got a new post for you all, coming directly off a napkin to the e-world. I am thinking the future of this blog will be more lengthy articles, "essays" as some call them. I hardly ever tend to have thoughts that do not range to expansive lengths...so you all will have to cope (and thank you in advance).

Keep coming back. I love you all.

The air at 40 miles-per-hour is tangible. I stick my arm out the window and feel the cool air brush and blow by. My palm feels like it is floating and swimming through the transparent yet milky atmosphere. I want to grab this air and take it home with me. Best of all, it does not leave my hand with that horribly annoying numb-tingly feeling I so often get when I try to make my car fly with just my arms. The bugs still sting, though.

These are the thoughts I have so often when I am alone; when there is no place to scribble them down. They disappear in the same air my arms ride along and are gone forever. But it's not so bad - because, often these thoughts are just between God and I. They're our little moments...our conversations. This one gets shared, though. This one makes me happy and I remembered it. And I just happened to have a napkin in my car to write it all down.

Tonight was a good night. I got to spend some time reading about exceptionally happy thoughts and subjects. I drank some coffee. I saw a friend and gave him a letter expressing my sincere appreciation for his love towards me. And now I'm here, writing, something that makes me happy. It's been a good night.

No comments: