Christmas Response.

I didn't write specifically about the choice made by Southland regarding Christmas-day services because, though I had an urge to, I felt it best to leave that in the hands of our senior minister Jon Weece - and more ably - God.

However, I came across on our site today the responses to Jon's urging our body to be the church-outside-of-church on Christmas day. (See the original article here).

Before I post the link to the stories of Jesus moving through our congregation, I want to prepend it with this verse:

"But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world." (Galatians 6:14)

The following link, and the stories outlined there, are not meant to be personal boasts of our own achievements - rather, they point to God and say, "I get it, Lord - send me to do your good works prepared for me, and to bear fruit for your glory." Many members of our church stood behind the decision made by our elders, and also took action to reach the world for Christ on Christmas. I hope these stories move you like they did me.

Southland Serves on Christmas

2 comments:

SMITTY said...

thank you for the link

SMITTY said...

where you at playa