Seay, Shanes, Crowder.

The show tonight was amazing. I was ignorant and didn't put my earbuds in (I normally always do) so now my ears are ringing a bit and my left ear feels all weird. It didn't really get loud until DC*B got on stage and everyone started yelling and they turned the mix up. Eh.

Robbie Seay Band - whom I hadn't heard of until tonight - opened the show. They turned out to be really good. They have a nice sound, acoustic with a bit of rock and electric thrown in. I didn't know any of the songs they sang, but enjoyed their entire set - which was nice, because I wasn't really expecting anything out of them.

Shane & Shane came up next and rocked my world. I had seen them at Passion '05 - and didn't know who they were so I wasn't too into them. Then, on the Passion '05 CD/DVD I ordered they sang an amazing version of "It Is Well" so I knew they had some credibility. Well, again, I did not know any of the songs they sang (except for the cover of "How Great Is Our God") but I ended up dropping $30 bucks after the show to pick up their two most recent CDs. I'm kind of kicking myself right now because I told myself and God that I was going to stop buying stuff all the time, but I also really enjoy the CD so I am torn.

David Crowder*Band - what needs to be said? I paid $20 for the show for this band simply because I could not wait until January to see them lead worship at Passion '06. When they stepped on stage the crowd went nuts. I've been to tons of shows, and this was one of the most amazing reactions to an entrance I've probably ever seen. They played a lot of stuff of the new C.D. which made me very happy...and...

they played "You Are My Joy" - my absolute favorite song of the new album. I was ecstatic when I heard them start it up. I ended up dancing and screaming and singing and worshipping my heart out all night. I broke out in a sweat and had to stop getting "Undignified" because I was tired.

A lot of people from my church were there, so it was cool to see some of them. I just wish some of my other friends - from small group and a couple others who thought they might come - were able to make it out, because it was an absolutely amazing night.

I have been so extremely blessed by God since last Friday...that is amazing.

Thanks, Lord.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Somebody needs to update!
((on the real))