Words of Encouragement.

I have met some amazing people since I opened my MySpace account. I stopped lurking on a few of the boards I am a member of and since then I have had some great discussions with people who really are on their way to loving the Lord with all their being. One such man, "OnTheAltar," posted this amazing piece the other day and I wanted to share it with whomever might read this blog. Please click here to go to his MySpace profile to send him a message or any feedback (send me word if there are any problems with the link). Thanks.

*Christ, I thirst for your righteousness, and your judgement in this world. My soul is dry, and I feel cracked and broken.

This world is so dark...so dead...and it seems to be sucking the life out of me. Before You, and before the sons of man, I lay down this mask called pride and I cry for help. I know not how much longer I can bear this world. I long for you to come back. I long to see you in all your glory, riding through the sky, as every created being bows to you - proclaiming that you are the Living and True God. That is not for me to ask though. You know Your plan, and it does not revolve around me. Help me to trust.

All around me, I am surrounded by sickness. Disease rips through my friends - my family. The stench of death sickens me. Like a crime scene, where the devil has had his way, it lingers in the air, haunting me all too often. We can see that lucifer has made the most of his kingdom in this fallen world. He plays with addiction and cancers as if this were a game. This is no game. This is all out war, and one that I am willing to fight.

But oh my Lord, oh my Christ, your child is weary. Despite my condition, the battle rages on. The enemy does not follow any code of honor. The weak, the sick, and the downcast hearts; those are the first to die by the dragon's claws.

If I am to bring you any victories, by Your spirit I must stand. By your love I must be renewed. Without your grace, without your healing, assuredly I will fall by the blade of the enemy. I will stand my ground. Only for You will I fight on this battlefield. And if this meadow should run red with my blood, be it only for You my King.

Though I've yet to see your face, I have tasted the fruits of your provision. I've seen the workers you have sent to plow the earth, that I might have living bread to fill my soul. My King, I shall tell of your good works to all who will listen.

The ink that covers my skin tells of Your story, speaking of Your goodness. This warpaint is placed boldly, only for You. I hide the scars on my battle-hardened skin, beneath these tattood images, only to tear at them time and time again. Why must I re-open the wounds that you have healed so many times? Help me to trust...to forgive myself...to forgive this world.

My King, my General, teach me your ways. I stand on this hill, which looks upon what seems to be a slaugher. I'll walk down this hill with confidence. You are supreme. You will be victorious. Despite what this world says, Your day is coming, and I plan on having an army behind me, loyal only to You, on that day.

Satan beware, hellspawn beware, your reign is coming to an end. You've taken enough of the people I love. Now, my God shall have His vengance. You'd be best bowing at the feet of my King. Make your peace with Him soon, for in all His grace for the righteous, He's certain to come with judgement for the wicked. My God will put an end to your kind.

There shall be no more suffering. There shall be no more tears. The former things of this world have passed away. Now only love. Only love. Only He who is love. *
*******************************
copyright - David Mason 2005. Please do not print, use or reproduce without my permission. Cheers.

No comments: