MySpace Bulletins.

I've decided to try and spread the Word of God via MySpace bulletins that go out to the people on my friend's list. I take the time to lay my heart out in them, establish what I believe, but - of course - to make sure that Scripture is included (for I would never want to lead a brother or sister astray if my interpretation was incorrect). I've included my most recent two below (and hopefully will include the rest as they are posted).

Title: Taste and See

"Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who trusts in Him!" (Psalm 34:8)

I have been so blessed by our wonderful creator. I was given a body and life. I was freed from my sin and given forgiveness by Jesus Christ. He is the Spirit that works in me for the glory of God - to do those good works He prepared in advance for me and to present me to our Lord sanctified, justified, and humbled by His blood.

Take this day to thank God for every blessing He purchased for you with His wonderful cross. Boast in nothing else! His lovingkindness is what sustains us, penetrates us, and has us cry out "Abba, Father - Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord!"

"The Lord bless you and keep you;

The Lord make His face shine upon you,

And be gracious to you;

The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,

And give you peace.” (Numbers 6:24-26)

Title: What Is Love?

"Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." (1st Corinthians 13:4-7)

And what are we to do with this love?

"Jesus said to him, ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.” (Matthew 22:37-40)

And how do we do this?

"But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but a new creation." (Galatians 6:14-15)

Take a moment to search out God's plan for your life (He does have one). Immerse yourself in the confines of God's Word and in prayer. Trust the movement of the Holy Spirit in your life and see:

"...the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law." (Galatians 5:22-23)

No comments: