Victory!

*Originally posted Sunday, March 27, 2005

He is not here: for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. (Matthew 28:6)

And he said to them, "Do not be amazed; you are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who has been crucified. He has risen; He is not here; behold, here is the place where they laid Him." (Mark 16:6)

...the men said to them, "Why do you seek the living One among the dead? He is not here, but He has risen..." (Luke 24:5,6)

Today I (and other Christians) celebrate three of the best verses in the Bible. What has sometimes been reduced to a day full of candy-filled baskets and painted eggs means so much more to me now than it ever has.

This day last year I was without Christ - and now He is walking with me, teaching me, and helping shape the new creation I am in Him.

For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. (Romans 5:10)

What a glorious promise that is. To know that not only have my sins been forgiven by the act of Jesus surrendering Himself on the cross - but that by His resurrection and eternal life I can be saved...to be with Him until no end. Where once I was dead in my transgressions I am now alive in Christ.

My most recent call to ministry relates to Romans 10:14: How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher?

After witnessing to my friends about Jesus and the change He is making in my life - and seeing the ways that the Holy Spirit can move a person and change their perspective - I realized that I love telling people about Him. I know so many in my close group of friends that will not be in celebration today - and I long for all of them to know and understand the joy-filled life that can come from a personal relationship with Jesus: as a Lord, as a Savior, as a friend, as life itself.

If you are a believer, take the time today to just worship God for all He has done - and to thank Him. If you haven't heard the Good News yet - come back here, as I will be trying my best to post relevant topics from the heart and from scripture. Or, if it really strikes you - "search out" a Christian and just ask them what's so marvelous about this Jesus - you'll be in for the best story you've ever heard.

No comments: