A Little Less Conversation

The Elvis Presley vs. JXL remix aside (which is actually pretty banging), I thought after my very personal post yesterday that I would take a day off and just kind of blabber on about what are probably meaningless things. I'm sure there will be some personal revelation in here, but only because I had a lot of cool people come by (thanks to Blog Explosion) that actually took the time to read my post and even COMMENT on it. Wow...with the almost unnecessary amount I write in each post - and the fact that browsing through the blogs only takes up about 30 seconds unless you get interested - that says a whole lot. My first declaration for January 8th is, "Thanks."

To get the personal part right out of the way - I am having some trouble in my love life right now. I have recently met a girl (been on two dates) that I really like. And because of my predisposition to immediately fall in love with any person of the opposite sex that shows me any kind of interest, I would really like to start something with her (like an exclusive relationship...so that when my family teases me about her being my girlfriend like they already are, it can be true). Either way, I haven't dated much (if at all) in my life, so I have absolutely no idea how to do it, or know if it's going well. The "just be yourself" schtick I continue to get from EVERYONE is all well and good, but it does not relieve my anxiety of what is going to happen with this girl - who is actually a really great person that would win my adoration even without my aforementioned predisposition.

So here I am. I have heard word that she said that I was one of the nicest guys she has ever met, and that she really wanted to go out with me again. However, I haven't heard anything from her since before New Year's Eve (I was out of town from the 1st until yesterday...so that could be part of it). I know it is my "job" as the male to call her and set things up - but it is very difficult on my part to get the courage to do that if I have no idea whether she is going to say "Yes" - or whether she considers this a night out with her really nice friend, or the guy she wants to tell mom and dad (eventually) is her new man. You've helped before, fellow bloggers - now I call on you again if willing (preferably the women...since they have an "inside track").

Now that I have bored you with all of that, on to the news:

• Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt have separated. This is something that actually DID shock me. I thought this was something that was going to last - because they both seemed rather in to it. However, I can't really think right now of a Hollywood relationship that has been overly successful - so maybe I don't want to be famous anymore, if I have multiple marriages to look forward to.

• That was pretty much the only news that I actually heard today.

2 comments:

Der Tommissar said...

Ok guy, I'm here to help. So don't take this /too/ persnally.

Geeze, why don't you have your mommy call her?

There is one thing I learned in my single years, and this is the absolute truth. There is one thing that women will really respond to, and that's confidence. Get your game on, pick up the phone, and you tell this lucky girl the two of you are going out to have one hell of a time. Once you have three or four dates more under your belt, you whip out some jewelry. Jewelry is the universally understood symbol of "goign steady". No girl takes earrings from one guy, and then goes around with other guys. Well, ok, some do. But we won't go into what they are.

And I mean right. this. instant.

Janet said...

I thought Brad and Gwen were going to last too. Fast forward 10 years- she's got an Apple and he's getting seperated.