I Wanna Be...

in a Christian metal band. I really dig praise and worship, and I like the alternative, emo, etc. stuff out there (I like pretty much all music, and if it has a God-centered message I am even more in tune with it). But, despite all of this, I still dig a little metal every now and then (Christian metal, in case that wasn't obvious). Right now I am listening to "The Chariot" which is ex-Norma Jean frontman's new band. This is gonna take some getting used to.

Either way - my friends and I have this little band "together." We've done a few "shows" and it is real fun - but we are a purely secular band. The best way to put it is shock rock - but we aren't even really doing anything but messing around for our friends. I'd like to hang out with them and jam some more (if we ever "get back together") but now I just don't know. It's a real great time, but I feel like I am taking away from God in some way. It's a back-and-forth argument, really - the pros and cons...or the reasons it's "ok" versus not.

I just really want to be in a metal band that focuses it's energy on praising God and bashing evil. I also want a drum set in my room so I can try to get better. I'd really like to be a singer, too - but not while drumming. Gah, too much.

1 comment:

M. said...

Best of luck with everything you want to do! At least you know what you want...just go get it!

cmesmyl.modblog.com