Catchy Title.

My attempt to correct my sleeping pattern has failed. I stayed up all of yesterday (after having woke the previous afternoon at about 5 P.M.) and went to bed at a reasonable hour (about 11 or so). I slept through most of the night and woke up about 6-ish. I thought, "Cool - now everything will be fine." Wrong. I ended up eating a bowl of cereal and then got really bored, so I went back to bed and fell asleep until about 5. I guess I am just meant to live the vampire lifestyle (sans blood-drinking and other things not related to sleeping during the day).

Isn't it odd how we always seem to get bummed out by stupid things? Or how a week that really went quite well can be called "bad" because of one little thing that is bumming you out? I mean, by all regards I could get up every morning and find something to be happy about or thankful for (Jesus is a given...I speak moreso towards "worldly things"). To make it a bit more personal - I have had a fine week, but my finances are dwindling (to the point where I have enough money only for bills - and, yes, it is my fault for spending on stupid stuff) and I haven't heard back from the girl that I am currently enamored with - so I have decided to write this entire week off as a loss.

God has seen it fit to pull me through multiple financial "episodes" and is who I consider a main contributor in my ever meeting this girl - but right now for some reason I am focusing more on being a baby about it rather than being thankful and optimistic. I have this totally irrational idea in my head that I should be rewarded on a grand scale for doing absolutely nothing (or that I should be able to sit here and have everything come my way).

In my class this evening at church we were taught about the idea of "release." That being primarily in laying everything in our lives - the good and the bad - at the foot of the cross. God, in His infinite power and wisdom, is able to take care of all the things that I imagine are beyond my (and sometimes His) control. And of course it is an issue of control - mine, not His. It is also a matter of trust - to put faith in God (who has shown His faithfulness time and again). I guess that is what I'll be working on now (I'm just a complete overhaul effort).

Jesus, I lay it all at Your feet. I give You my greatest sin and shame, I place in Your hands every blessing in my life as well. I pray that I may learn in so doing the trust in You that I much long for. Take it from me, Lord - everything - and Your will be done.

No comments: