Six Words, A Great Story Makes.

I read this article a while back, but I was recently reminded of it and thought it might be a fun "challenge" for anyone who happens across this post.

Hemingway once wrote a story in just six words ("For sale: baby shoes, never worn.") and is said to have called it his best work.

My request to you, dear reader -- is to post in the comments your six-word story.

Feel free to post as many as you want. (Note: I will edit/delete any inappropriate material).

I'll start us off:

His heart pounded quickly, then stopped.

6 comments:

Daniel Ott said...

My battery died. So did I.

Anonymous said...

Is. Was. And is to come.

tdurbs said...

//Thanks for the comments! Keep them coming!//

Another one from me:

Up, up, up, up, and...away...

Or, to try to be a little positive:

It was only just the beginning

Will said...

Hemmingway's brings me to tears.

This one's not mine, but probably my favorite: "Climbed the fence. Grass not greener."

Daniel Ott said...

At last we found an atlas.

Kristi said...

Trees, soundlessly weeping for secrets below.

::inspired by my flight into Belarus last week::