I Wanna Be A Pagan!

This book review highlights a lot of the problems I have been seeing in regards to "movements" within Christianity - focused specifically on ecclesiology (to the desire of total Church reformation). I think this quote sums it up pretty well:

[This book] will give ammunition to those who already dislike the churches they have encountered...
{emphasis mine}

Make no mistake, this review points out the implications not of the presence of some specific paper-bound item, but the hearts and minds behind it. As far as it raises good questions about our presuppositions regarding Church practice, etc. - I could agree it's worthwhile - but in the undermining of church history and tradition, I cannot consent.

It should be noted that I have not read this book, and am simply struck by seeing something in another realm that so accurately portrays problems I have witnessed in my own church community.

It is frightening how quickly the option has become either overhaul or division.

1 comment:

Will said...

These are definitely things we need to constantly consider and reconsider. Forward motion without ever asking questions can be disastrous.