Trust.

// noun. assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something. //

Looking back on the past three years, I can see many times where God has given me great reason to trust him. In fact, in hindsight, it is a very easy thing to trust the Lord - to see his wisdom, faithfulness, and goodness.

But foresight is a completely different matter altogether.

There are things happening in my life, and coming up, where I completely realize that:

1. Situations are beyond my control.
2. I am powerless to change this fact.
3. I must make a choice.

I can retreat into the darkness of despair, anxiousness, fear, doubt, and self.

Or I can embrace joy by trusting the revealed nature and purpose of my God.

One of these is easier, but is also what I consider the wrong choice.

So. I will cast my anxieties upon him, because he cares for me. I will trust him for his daily provision and protection. I will believe what he has told me and shown me.

I will deny myself. I will take up my cross daily and follow him. I will put to death the negative, natural tendencies and embrace the sanctifying, spiritual realities.

I will trust Jesus. So long as he gives me a spirit to do so.

No comments: