Be Careful Everyone.

I've been working with computers for as long as I can remember. While I would never go so far as to claim to be an expert in the field - I have certainly been around things electronic for a large portion of my life. I enjoy technology - professionally and personally. Naturally, I would love for others to enjoy this, too. But, there are so many people out there who are uninterested, or worse, lackadaisical about their approach to computer use. They either don't know enough to operate a machine correctly, or worse, don't care.

So I post today to let everyone know (especially those mentioned above) that the technology world is not all fun and games - and your leisurely stole onto the internet isn't as safe as you think.

Invasion of the Computer Snatchers -

While a bit of a long read, this article hits on a topic that is all too common on today's web - the proliferation of spyware/adware and the threat of identity theft. Unfortunately, it is all too easy for a computer to be compromised if the user does not take security seriously - and the effects can be as "light" as performance issues to as dangerous as computer spoofing and identity theft.

Don't Let Your Computer Be Hijacked -

This article goes through a few steps that I think every person should take to keep their computer safe from common attacks.

Neither of these articles are meant to be scare tactics to convince a person to yank out their connection to the internet. Instead, they are meant to inform the casual to intermediate user who might not have thought much about the reality of internet threats.

No comments: